Jean-Francois Debongnie, born 1968, a native of Brussels, has been resident in Singapore since 1989. Trained as a photographer then a self-taught painter, Jean-Francois favors large canvases on which he explores the themes that inspire him in series such as “Red flowers”, “Summer”, “Dancing in the wind” and “Landscape – China”.
In all these series Jean-Francois brings to life flowers – both as iconographic floral signatures which capture the essential qualities of a flower rather than strict botanical representations and as part of a landscape in fields growing wild amidst ripening grain. The use of Chinese ink adds a dramatic fluidity to all his works.
At present, Jean Francois works and lives between Belgium and Singapore.
- Sotheby’s Institute of Art – London
- Westin Stamford Hotel – Singapore
- Singapore Airlines – Singapore
- Changi Airport – Singapore
- Katten Muchin Rosenman UK LLP – London
- Harbour City Estate Ltd. – Hong Kong
- Capital Land – Singapore
- Architects Vista – Singapore